Monday, March 16, 2015

A Lil' Bit O' This, A Lil' Bit O' That!

Happy Monday Friends!
Thought I would do a "catch-up" post and share some of the projects I've been working on.  Now that I've started looking at my card making supplies with new eyes the sky's the limit!  First up is a home decor piece using some dies, cs, pp and ribbon:



Aren't the bunnies adorbs?!!  I used a trio of Impression Obsession dies and cut them from American Crafts burlap cardstock.  The cs, pp and ribbon are from Stampin' Up (marina mist and baked brown sugar).  It's difficult to see in the pic but the bunnies were mounted on gingham checked pp squares - I have a new camera and I'm still learning:)
Other Materials Used:  12 x 12" frame Michael's, white pom pom's from my stash

Next up is a springy pillow:



I loooooove how this turned out!  I found this cute polka dot material at JoAnn's and ironed it on a piece of Therm-o-web Heat n Bond iron-on adhesive.  I then ran it through my Cricut using a Strong Grip cutting mat and this leaping bunny image from the Kate's ABC's cartridge.  I was so happy with how well this cut -although I did have a bit of a struggle scraping the negative pieces from the mat:(  The die cut bunny was then ironed on a burlap pillow cover I got on clearance at Michael's for $1.99.  My mother-in-law had some white yarn leftover from one of her projects and I used it to make the bunny's pom pom tail.  A super inexpensive and fun project! 

My Stampin' Up demonstrator recently held a workshop using punches to create a cute St. Patty's Day insert for a shadow box.  I had a really hard time getting a pic without a reflection of my arms and kitchen cupboard but thought I'd share anyway:


The completed piece is 6 x 6" and I mounted it on a piece of 8 x 8" black cardstock so it would fit in this 8 x 8" shadowbox.  My mom was really happy to receive this and at the end of this month I'll be attending a workshop to make an Easter insert.

Lately I've been in the mood for "watercoloring" with my stamps:




And while I didn't use any card making supplies in my last project I just had to share how I "upcycled" a tray with some discarded corks and spray paint!  I came across this wooden tray a well-meaning relative made and gave to us many, many years ago:


After spending hours a few minutes on Pinterest I was inspired to give this tray a makeover!


I even enlisted the help of the hubster:)  After filling in the woodburned design(that was on all sides of the tray) with wood putty he sanded it down and then applied primer.  After a few coats of Krylon chalky finish misty gray spray paint it was ready to embellish with some corks - 115 to be exact!

A long post - just like the looooong winter we've had here in the Northeast.  I think this cheeky sign we saw this past weekend outside an area cafe sums it up perfectly:


I look forward to perusing your blogs for inspiration!  Have a wonderful week and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

8 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Hi Robin, you've been busy!! The bunny projects are really cute! The water-colours are absolutely lovely! And you're really gave that tray a brand new outlook!!! Thanks for sharing that last sign, it made me smile!!! :)

joy said...

WOW! What fun you've been having, Robin! My favorite is that adorable bunny pillow. Love the watercolor cards, too. I know you had fun refurbishing that tray with your hubby's help. The sign echoes what many of us are feeling after such a long, cold and snowy winter.

Rosemary said...

oh my goodness... you have been busy, robin!! I absolutely love that sweet little bunny pillow! and that upcycled tray is totally cool! we didn't have a lot of snow here in the Pacific NW (not even in the mountains!), but I can appreciate the humor behind the picture you shared!

Greta said...

Hello, my friend! So fun seeing what you've been up to & my oh my--you are so creative! Love everything--especially how you used the IO bunnies! Now I've got to use mine more! The pom poms you used look perfect--so much better than my little pieces of cotton balls--LOL! Your cards are beautiful--love the watercoloring!

Nat said...

your so creative, love everything so much! thanks so much for the inspiration! :) !!!!!

svelteSTUFF said...

The watercolor series is STUNNING!
...and the tray turned out GREAT!!!

Nancy said...

Wow! You have surely been busy, Robin! So many beautiful projects! I love the bunny pillow and the gorgeous water color cards! Actually I love them all, especially the "die winter!"

Maureen Morton said...

Yay, Robin! Great to see you and see that you have been busy doing your thing. Too bad you had to drink all that wine.....we made some hot pads a couple of years ago and HAD to do the same thing. Sorry you had such a rough winter. Missed you, but keep you in my heart. The photos are really good......new camera?! Wow! You continue to ROCK!