Friday, January 17, 2014

Long Time, No Post!

It's been sooooo long since I last posted!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!  These past couple of months have been full of happy things for me and my family!  (I promise if you hang in there with me I have a card to share at the end!)
I became a great aunt twice :)  :)  First to Hadleigh Marie:
What a Christmas present!  This little cutie was born on Dec. 22 and weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz.

And most recently to Jackson Liam:
The proud first time dad hamming it up in the pic with Jackson is my nephew Scott Jr. :)

For part of December (including Christmas) my hubby and I spent time in Switzerland and on a Rhine river cruise seeing parts of the Alsace region of France and parts of Germany.  Seeing some of the outdoor European Christmas markets really was a dream come true for me:)  The atmosphere at the markets was so festive and we had a blast eating and drinking our way through them:



I really loved seeing all the decorations!  Some looked so tasty:



Some were so tasteful:



Some we thought were a bit "over the top":)

Some were really charming:


And at night some were downright magical!


And FINALLY my first card of 2014:


When I saw this adorable Penny Black stamp "for mimi" I HAD to break my rule of no more wood stamps! I'm still a novice with the few copic markers I own that I pretty much used the colored image on the stamp block as my guide:)
Other Supplies Used:  Doodlebug Design Sweetheart pp, Papertrey ink white cs, Paper Company pastel pink cs, Stampin' Up cherry cobbler cs, Cuttlebug Hugs & Kisses embossing folder, WPlus 9 heart and banner dies, Lawn Fawn My Silly Valentine clear set (sentiment)

Since it's a new year I decided to participate in a few new-to-me challenges.  So I'm definitely adding this to the current Penny Black Sending Hugs challenge:



Thanks for making it through this long post and for your thoughtful comments! I'm looking forward to catching up on everyone's blogs:)   

19 comments:

Lin said...

I've missed you, Robin - so glad to see this post today! Looks like a wonderful trip, and that would be a destination I'd choose, too. Did you enjoy the river cruise? We are considering doing that, too, in the future. You saw some of my favorite places in Europe - and your picture of the nighttime windmill made me smile! We have a miniature wood version of that, only 1 layer, though, that we put out each year at Christmas.

And your card is darling, as always!

Nancy said...

I am so HAPPY to see a post from you. Like your older sister (LOL) I was becoming a bit worried:) Looks like you had a wonderful trip! Experiencing Christmas festivities in a foreign country is soo much fun and inspiring too! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photographs! Welcome back to blog land. I have missed you too. Oh, and by the way, there is nothing that compares to a new baby!
XOXO

Cindy C. said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Robin! So nice to see your post, thanks for sharing the wonderful photos!! And congrats being grant aunt again!!

Cindy C. said...

Oh your card Valentine card is really cute!! I wanted to scroll up to see the photos again and forgot to put it in my last comment!! :D

Rosemary said...

had been wondering what had happened to you and now we know.. you were off having a fabulous time in Europe!! thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos... those babies are just too cute! and your card is adorable!!

Judy1223 said...

Robin, congratulations on those two beautiful babies who joined the family! And what a GREAT trip...I LOVED all the pics! (I've been there but not at the holidays...a different view all together!) Your sweet Penny Black card is just adorable...what a darling Valentine!

Barb said...

So good to see a post from you, my friend! Been missing you lately!

What an exciting trip that must have been - love all the photos! And your card is just adorable! Welcome back! ♥

joy said...

Hi, Robin! Welcome back to blogland. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos of the two new babies and your fabulous trip! In a few months my 13th great-grandson will arrive and his name will also be Jackson. (my dad's name was Jackson and my husband's name was Jack!)

I love your card! Mimi stamps are just so cute. And, since I have not posted any cards since December either, maybe I will try this sketch to get me going.

joy said...

Edit: Well, not my 13th great grandson, but my 13th great grandchild! Some of them are girls. :)

Greta said...

Welcome home, Robin! Must have been a wonderful trip! How exciting to have 2 babies join your family--congrats, Auntie! Your card is absolutely darling--great color combo & perfect for both challenges!

Penny Nichols said...

I just love your cards. You have some of the most beautiful cards I have seen in a long time. I have been following you on Flickr (pennyn105). I may well favorite all of your cards.;)

Trinh said...

Yay, so glad to see you are back, Robin! Your trip sounds wonderful any time of the year but even more so at Christmas. And it's always a great time for new babies in the family. Congrats, great-auntie!

Your card is so sweet and cute! Looking forward to seeing more of your cards!

Maureen Morton said...

Welcome home - looks like you loved it as much (if not more) than I knew you would!! Yay!!! And congrats on the new family additions - so dear. Love your card (but no more wood for me, either). Can't wait to catch up a bit.....soon! Spinning here, but it will be worth it. Huge hugs!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow looks like you had an amazing trip Robin, I would love to visit the Christmas markets one year!! Loved seeing the baby pics too soo cute!!Good to see you back blogging again!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Awww... congrats on the safe arrival of your 2 new family members - real cuties.
Looks like you had an awesome time at the Christmas markets. I would love to eat and drink my way round them too ;-)
Wonderful Valentine's card. So sweet, and I like your added texture with the embossing.
Caroline xxx

Leni said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time in Europe! lovely card!

Jen W. said...

Welcome back, Robin! Sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas what with new babies and European craft markets! Awesome!
Loving that sweet PB image and your gorgeous coloring!

~amy~ said...

awwww...super sweet babies! How fun! Love your travel pictures, looks like an amazing trip!

Your card...ADORABLE. That Penny Black image is over the top CUTE.

Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Cindy said...

Thank you for sharing those pics of the Christmas decorations in Switzerland, France and Germany! so incredible! I will add these destinations at that time of year to my bucket list!