Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"I'm Crafting in the Rain!"

I don't think I've posted this many days in a row in a loooong time!  Course I can't remember when it's RAINED this many days in a row either:(  Yesterday I pulled out a really old (from 1997!) but well-loved stamp from PSX to make a birthday card for my mom:



The birthday girl's favorite color is yellow so I embossed the image and did some coloring with Ranger distress inks and an aqua brush.  Felt good to work with such a sunshiney color since it's been awhile since I've actually seen the sun around here:(  The butterfly is from my fave Hero Arts set Antique Engravings - I popped up the wing for a little dimension.  The sentiment that I embossed on vellum is from an older Stampin' Up set called Happy Harmony - it really is a sweet little set I should use more often!
Other Materials Used:  Papertrey ink white cs, Stampin' Up vellum, yellow cs and woodgrain embossing folder, WR Memory Keepers corner rounder

Today is "last call" for the Simon Says Stamp challenge "Anything Goes"!  Have a great day!

13 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

Great card! I love the cheery colors and the layout!

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Laura :)

svelteSTUFF said...

It IS amazing what 'color' can do for the mood ~ and a sip of a GOOD 'new' wine ~ THANKS B-)!!!

svelteSTUFF said...

PS. AND I Like the ADDITION under the Frog in the photo! Nice touch!!

Barb said...

Robin, I know exactly how you feel with the weather - we've had so much rain this summer too, but blue skies are headed your way - it's gorgeous here today - hoping it gets out there to you soon!

Love this gorgeous card for your mom - your coloring is so pretty!

Nat said...

we are getting tons of rain here too, crazy weather! Your mom will love this card! love your beautiful design and style!! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Robin.

joy said...

Beautiful, Robin! I love those old PSX stamps!!!

Trinh said...

You do beautiful things with these floral stamps! Wish I could channel some of your coloring skills. And please send that rain our way; we need a whole lot more!

Greta said...

Your watercoloring is incredible, Robin! Beautiful card I'm sure will be treasured by your mom.

Maureen Morton said...

Your photography skills are wonderful, Robin....so professional. I am not normally a yellow fan (but it was my Mom's favorite, too), but I love the richness of the color you used. Great use of vellum, tool. This is a gem......keep the rain coming if you are going to make more lovely cards. Ha! Wish we could trade some off our weather - we each need a bit of what the other has.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous coloring on that butterfly, Robin - so lifelike! Your mom will love this!! Hope you're having a great summer - we had so much rain in June but now are too dry!!

Pam W Merwin said...

Robin, this is gorgeous! Love the flowers and your butterfly looks like it will fly off the page :) so realistic looking. I know your Mom will love this.

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful Robin! I love the shading on the flowers and the dimension of the butterfly!