Friday, March 22, 2013

Online Card Class: Pattern Play

My mojo has been so "slowjo" lately that I jumped at the chance to register for the current Online Card Class called Pattern Play:


When I first starting making cards I was all about using layers upon layers of pattern paper and I would buy tons of 12 x 12 sheets of the stuff.  I mean it got so bad I would literally smuggle it into the house before my husband could see it - Hee!  Then I backed way off and it became more about the stamps.  I know there's got to be more of a happy medium somewhere :)

Although I'm a bit behind on my "homework" the tips I'm picking up in the classes are fantastic and are inspiring me to take a crack at using up that 8 foot pile of pattern papers languishing in my craft room.....





Even though I used 3 different pattern papers (4 if you count the design stamped on the tulip stems/leaves) in my eyes it feels balanced and it "works".  Of course some of you right now could be thinking I need to get my eyes examined!
Hmmmm....I do see where I could have centered my sentiment better on the dotted pattern paper. 
Supplies Used:  Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday (sentiment) and Envie Pattern stamps, Stampin' Up butterfly embosslit, Spellbinder oval nestabilities, Cricut Walk in My Garden cart (tulip die cut), Papertrey ink white cs, Pebbles Seen & Noted 6 x 6 paper pad, Echo Park Dots & Stripes 6 x 6 paper pad, W R Memory Keepers corner rounder, Creative Impressions twine, Ranger antique linen distress ink

I'm off to watch today's class videos and to hopefully make a card or two :)  Hope everyone has a great weekend!  We just can't seem to shake off winter here in the Northeast and I'm blaming that on my lack of mojo lately.  Too much time in the house = too much time to see what projects need to get done around the house = no time in the craft room :( 
P.S.  I am happy to report that some 13 year old wallpaper border (yikes!) was finally removed from the bathroom!

13 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Robin! So good to see a post from you! What a fantastic card! Love the bold, happy colors! Your design is awesome too - beautifully done!

Winter is really hanging on here in the Midwest too - maybe I should take a cue from you and get to spring cleaning. Once the warmer weather comes, I KNOW I won't want to do it! Hope you're well - sending hugs! :)

Lin said...

I hope you'll share more of your cards from this class. I'm a paper addict, too, and should have taken it.....LOVE what you did here!

(And if it makes you feel any better, we're having unusually cool temps here in FL this year, too)

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, robin... love all the different papers you used! this just makes me think of spring!

Pam W Merwin said...

Robin, I absolutely love this! What wonderful papers and your design is beautiful. Looks like you were definitely into your mojo when you created this :) I am behind on my Pattern Paper classes too :( BUT you just inspired me to get up and get going!

Cindy C. said...

It totally worked!! What a cheery Spring card!

Anita Rex said...

So pretty! I like the way you used the patterned paper! Fabulous Easter card! We can't shake winter either had a blizzard on Monday! Sigh spring come already!

Lisa said...

Wow Robin! I would agree with you that all these papers work wonderfully together! It lacks nothing! Gorgeous, springy colors- so bright and fresh!
I probably should have signed up for this class, but the timing is just off for me. Maybe during the summer on my own....
Have a great weekend! XX

Michelle said...

I am loving this card, Robin!! Puts a big smile on my face! Love the bright colors!!!

Maureen Morton said...

So good to see you here - I was starting to worry. I didn't realize that you were in class - you must be at the head of the class, you genius, you! This is brilliant and so full of fun spring colors! You continue to amaze! Thanks and hope to see you soon. I'll bring the sunshine! Happy Easter, dear gal!

joy said...

Your choices of patterned papers are key to this striking design, Robin! I love the bright, cheerfulness of this pretty card. Happy Easter to you and yours!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

thanks for sharing this sunshine card..
and Stopping by to wish you a Happy Easter...
Bibiana

Nat said...

such a fab mix of PP's, love you card! Happy Easter Robin :)

Greta said...

I'm thinking I should have signed up for those classes. I love the look of this card, Robin--so bright & pretty--everything goes perfectly together! Good luck with the house projects!