Friday, October 5, 2012

The Return of Teddy Santa!

contest_banner_500a2



One of this month's contest themes at Hero Arts is holiday cards so I pulled out one of my oldies but goodies from 2005 Teddy Santa (E3660) to create one:


Tried to update him a little by pairing him with some trendy die cut words.  The letters were die cut from Echo Park Dots & Stripes pp using Cricut Kate's ABC's cart.  I popped up both Teddy Santa and the first "r" in merry with some foam tape. 
Other Materials Used:  Papertrey ink white cs and scalloped border die, Bo Bunny pp, W R Memory Keepers corner rounder, Stampin' Up kraft and red cs, silver gel pen, Michael's black pearls


Thought I'd share a few more trip pics from Barcelona, Spain.  One of the places we visited was Parc Guell (designed by Gaudi).  I cannot overstate how much I loved all the mosaics!  Everytime I look at these pictures I feel a card comin' on :)

Here's the hubster and I hamming it up on the serpentine bench:) Check out the two whimsical buildings in the background! 

This next pic is a shot of the ceiling and columns underneath the area above:

And here's a closeup shot of one of those gorgeous ceiling mosaics:

Doesn't the salamander look like he's drooling???  Hee! :

Here's a shot of the entrance to the park to give some perspective:

Closeup of one of the square mosaics you see above:

And here I am relaxing in what looks like a huge mouth!!! :

Happy Friday everyone!  Thanks for all your lovely comments!

10 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

More gorgeous photographs, I have a photograph somewhere of me sitting on the same seat lol. Great christmas card love that cute bear.

joy said...

Welcome home, Robin! I love your cute card - those papers make the greeting just pop!

Just looked at your first post with the photos, too. All I can say is WOW! I love those mosaics and the funky buildings. What a great adventure for you and your hubby! So glad you returned home before any of the bad stuff started.

Unknown said...

Love the Teddy Bear, but those Barcelona pics are fantastic!!!

Maria said...

Darling Christmas card with bear! And, awesome vacation photos! Looks like you had lots of fun! So much lovely detail on the buildings! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

Judy1223 said...

Your post had me smiling and actually laughing, Robin! (The drooling salamander had me laugh out loud!). First, the "return of the teddy bear" sounded so sinister, then I saw your sweet card! (I must have Halloween on my brain, thinking scary thoughts...) I love the pics from Spain, I can see how they would inspire many, many cards! Such pretty mosaics and whimsical designs! Thanks for sharing the pics...and your cute card and funny commentary, too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling teddy bear card, Robin! Just love teddy propped on the die cuts! And what fabulous photos of Barcelona - looks like you had an amazing trip!!

Brenda said...

Oh this is super cute Robin! Love how you popped that one letter up too! And thanks for sharing those awesome photos! Love the BIG MOUTH!

Rosemary said...

oh what a cute card, robin!! love the way you popped up the one "r". another set of fabulous pictures, too...

Michelle said...

Adorable teddy bear card, Robin! Thanks for sharing those stunning pictures! I can see why it was so hard getting back to reality! Sweet pic of you and your hubby!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Wow, Robin!! Your Spain photos are amazing!! I'm so happy for you!