Friday, August 17, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge #17 and Hero Arts Sketch Challenge

Look at the gorgeous inspiration at the current Runway Inspired Challenge:



I was really inspired by the colors, the ruffles and the movement of the dress:

I chose this image from Hero Arts CL477 Delicate Leaf Cluster for the ruffled edges of the leaves.  After inking the stamp with Ranger spiced marmalade, dusty concord and peeled paint distress inks I very lightly sprayed with water before stamping on a piece of PTI rustic white cs.  Sentiment is from Hero Arts CL342 Everyday Sayings.  Butterflies were die cut from Stampin' Up pp using a Stampin' Up/Sizzix Beautiful Wings embosslit.
Other Materials Used:  Stampin' Up elegant eggplant cs, WPlus 9 banner die, Queen & Co pearls, W R Memory Keepers corner rounder

And since I used one of the challenge sketches I'm also going to put this in the current Hero Arts challenge.

Thanks for your lovely comments and have a great weekend!

21 comments:

Lin said...

This is a swooner, my friend :)) LOOOOOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the composition!

sheila said...

This is gorgeous Robin! I can't believe how much your card looks like this dress!!! It is just gorgeous. I I think that you have done an amazing job with this inspiration and if I could pick the winner it would be you!

Rosemary said...

this is absolutely stunning, robin!! you totally rocked all both challenges!!

Anita Rex said...

So pretty Robin! I love your take of the dress!!! :> SO love how you used the colors and your stamping!

Barb said...

Beautiful stamping, Robin! Love the way you interpreted the inspiration photo - gorgeous card!

Ginny said...

I ADORE this card.... Just had to pin it! It is a fantastic interpretation of the inspiration photo, and a total winner in my book. (Thanks so much for coming by my blog and following me :-))

joy said...

What a beauty, Robin! Love these gorgeous colors and the stamps you picked are perfect!

Maureen Morton said...

Oh my - remove my jaw from the floor! I have hated missing what you are up to while I was away, but this makes up for it! So stunning - you even captured the movement. Amazing, girlfriend! Your skills are so versatile!

Greta said...

Incredibly gorgeous card, Robin! Wow--would I love to have that dress--not that I'd have anywhere to wear it--LOL!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...I luv the colors...hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Nancy said...

I saw this in the Flickr group and just love it! Your card is just like a gorgeous watercolor painting! I love the colors!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous colors on your floral panel, Robin - you picked up so perfectly on the movement from the inspiration dress!

Maria said...

Wow! Love those colors of the flowers! Sweet butterflies, too! A very lovely card!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Ooooh...just stunning! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

Michelle said...

Ooooh! So pretty, Robin! The colors are spot on!

Sue McRae said...

Love the colours and the wonderful layered stamping.

donna mikasa said...

Totally fabulous take on the photo! Love what you've been doing with that sketch, too!

Brenda said...

Oh wow! You have captured the essence of this dress so beautifully in your design! Those water colours, pure joy!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Great take on the RIC colours n HA sketch! Love it!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous card! You've really captured the movement and flow of the dress.