Friday, August 24, 2012

Minty Christmas!

Since I'm suddenly in the mood to create Christmas cards I decided to go with it:


This is based on one of the sketches for the current Hero Arts challenge (instead of using a circle I used a square and I also moved the sentiment strip from the bottom to the top third of the card).  After die cutting a frame using a Spellbinder Nestie I white embossed Hero Arts (HA) S5208 Designer Woodgrain.  The HA CG395 Snowing Village was first stamped in HA soft pool shadow ink on white cs then embossed in black on both white cs and gingham pp.  After squishing various inks on an acrylic block I picked them up with a blender pen and colored in the houses on the black embossed piece.  The gingham house was paper pieced as shown then the whole piece was cut out and adhered to the soft pool piece with foam tape.  Some sparkle was added to the village with a Sakura gelly roll pen (hard to see in the pic) and a few gems.  Sentiment is from HA CL540 Christmas Reindeer.
Other Materials Used:  WPlus 9 banner die, Doodlebug designs button, Martha Stewart baker's twine, HA clear gems, Papertrey ink white cs, Stampin' Up pool cs and markers (pool and kiwi kiss), Ranger barn door distress ink

I'm also linking this up to the Moxie Fab World Minty Fresh Challenge that runs through September 3rd.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

12 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute little village Robin, love how you have coloured the houses, especially the gingham one!

Barb said...

Oh, you are so clever! I love this colorful snow village - especially your delightful idea to paper piece one house in gingham! Awesome work as always, my friend!

Rosemary said...

oh goodness, robin...what a beautiful card!! love your snowy little village scene!

Nancy K said...

How amazingly perfect is this card? The bright colorful village with soft blue backdrop is simply gorgeous!The clever construction of the 3-D frame takes this design so over the top...love it!

Cindy C. said...

Great take from the sketch Robin! And I love the white woodgrain frame, and how it showcase the brightly coloured village.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--your scene is so wonderful, Robin! Love what you did here!

Nancy said...

Such a sweet little scene, Robin! Love the colors and dimension!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Exceptional coloring on your village, Robin - just love your take on the HA sketch!

Lisa said...

I'm in love with this one Robin :) Love the unconventional colors and the sweet little scene is adorable(even tho I am nowhere close to being ready for Christmas!!)

Maureen Morton said...

You make such magic scenes, Robin - can't take my eyes off of this one - so much cute dimension and details. Bet it is even cuter in person. But, we need to talk.....Seriously? Christmas!? Atta girl! Love it.

Michelle said...

Tell where and when I should meet you for a lesson in card making...I want to be you when I grow up! Robin, this is incredible!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Robin! Thanks again for linking up to the Minty Fresh Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)