Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Lil' Piecing

Julie Ebersole's video on the Hero Arts blog today inspired me to do some paper piecing:


I was immediately drawn to this Hero Arts(HA) set CL583 Right At Home when I saw it among the 2012 catalog releases as it contains so many great elements for creating scenes :)  The only thing it's lacking is a sun so I used one from an older HA set called CL439 Kiss From the Sun.  Been trying to find different ways to use HA CG422 Zig Zag - why not grass? 
Other Materials Used:  HA snow and grass layering paper, Stampin' Up cs, My Mind's Eye pp, Nestie, W R Memory Keepers corner rounder 

I have a tendency to emboss when I paper piece as I find it alot easier to cut out and handle all the little pieces.  In the video I noticed Julie used a tweezer thingy - I think I "need" a pair :)

I'm going to enter this in the ABC DT Challenge Anything Goes as well as this month's Hero Arts Challenge:



Thanks for all your encouraging comments :)

15 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh yes, those tweezer "thingies" were awesome! I so love what you did here, such a happy card with the most amazing paper piecing Robin!

Lin said...

This is one of your strong points, Robin - always love your scenes! Love the red gingham house :)

Jean said...

This is just awesome!! - trying to figure out your circle cutter. Is that from Stampin' Up?

Sarah Bennett said...

Super cute- and so perfectly done! This is such a great card- thanks for sharing it and joining us for the ABC DT challenge!

Rosemary said...

oh... i so wish i had the ability to create scene cards the way you do, robin!! this is absolutely amazing!!

Barb said...

Adorable! Love the chevron for grass and your darling, red gingham house! Such a fun card, Robin!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Robin love this! You've convinced me that I need this set! :> Love the zig zag as grass! Genius! Love all your paper piecing and love the window!

Eve said...

I have this house & paper pieced it before BUT i LUV that you paper pieced with RED gingham check paper, which I never thought of, and it looks SO CUTE!!! :-)

Sophie said...

Was für eine niedliche Karte.
Frühlings-Farben und fröhlich, das passt.

Viele Grüße

Robin K. said...

Hi Jean! Thanks for your sweet comment :) I actually cut the window using one of the circle dies from Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Standard Circles and running it through my Cuttlebug. Hope that helps! Robin :)

joy said...

Robin, I have always loved the scenes you create - this one is just super adorable!! The red gingham house and the zigzag for the grass - so clever! Love the tiny hearts, too!

Jean said...

That does help - that set is on my list. Think I may need to get it before next week's A Cut Above online card class. ;-)

Sanne said...

Super cute Robin - Great design!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute CAS card!! Love the fun window. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ABC Toys and Crafts DT Challenge this month!!
~Sheri

Judy1223 said...

Robin, you've done it again! You make the cutest little scenes on your cards...and this is just adorable!