Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2 Colors, Different Intensities







Unfortunately I needed a few more sympathy cards.  After creating these and looking at them side by side I was struck by the difference intensity of color makes!  Both cards use purple and green but the first card is so soft and sweet while the second one is more dramatic. 

The first card uses my favorite technique of color layering.  I have a tendency to be a perfectionist and I find it very freeing to just stamp away on a sheet of paper :)  The images are from Hero Arts (HA) CL428 Earth Flowers and the inks used are Tsukineko VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Pink Petunia and Pretty Petunia.  The sentiment is from HA CL342 Everyday Sayings.  I decided to cut the stamped panel into 2" x 2" squares before mounting it with foam tape on a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card base.  I've been noticing card designs that include just a peek of a die cut shape so I added a partial scalloped circle to the left side.  Let me know what you think - do you think it adds interest or does it look out of place?? 
Other Materials Used:  Stampin' Up cs and pp, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Queen & Co. rhinestones

For the second card I embossed a piece of orchid cs with a Stampin' Up embossing folder (Manhattan Flower) and added glitter to the embossed areas (difficult to see in the photo).  The sentiment from HA CL342 Everyday Sayings and the layered butterfly were both die cut.  It's not that no thought went into this design but for some reason I always feel less than satisfied with cards that include little stamping.......
Other Materials Used:  Stampin' Up cs, pp, ink and butterfly dies, Nesties, Queen & Co. pearls

As I write this snow is lightly falling - UGH!! 
Thanks for stopping by and for all your comments!

6 comments:

Sanne said...

WOW Robin...awesome designs the first one is totally stunning!

Brenda said...

Your cards are so beautiful Robin! I love the different shades of colour on the first and also how you used the embossing folder on the second!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful! Each of them so radiant and has its own feel of softness, love these Robin!

Rosemary said...

beautiful cards, robin! i really love the 2nd one. the colors are just gorgeous! (and it reminds me that i have that su! rose embossing folder and never use it!)

Barb said...

Both are so pretty, Robin and I like the bit of scallop circle peekin' out on the first card! It's a lovely addition! Your layered stamping is beautiful too! The boldness of the second card is fabulous! I love these colors together! I know what you mean about the feeling you get when you don't use a stamped image on a card, but this one really is gorgeous!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Wow!! Robin, these cards are gorgeous. Love all the layers on your first card and I love the embossing on the purple for your second card. The butterflies on both cards are beautiful.